1 - accelerator ring Nuclotron
2 - accelerator ring
3-7 - cryogenic supply system
The Synchrophasotron is included in Guiness Book of records as the
largest electromagnet in the world. The magnetic system consists of four
quadrants with a radius of the orbit of 28 m and weight of 36000 tons.
Layout of the Accelerator Centre
The Laboratory of High Energies was founded in 1953. The basic installation
of Laboratory, Synchrophasotron, was consrtucted in 1956, and accelerated
proton beam of 10 GeV energy was obtained in 1957.
Synchrophasotron Main Control Room
Modern and old accelerator control apparatures are presented. The
first computer was put into operation in 1975 year to measure and control
beam slow extraction parameters. There are eight DEC compatible computers